"The objective of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape and find oneself in the lines of the madmen." - Marcus Aurelius

11/22/10

Winter Coat

So my next project is a coat. I'll be using Butterick pattern 5425, and just looking at the directions for this thing make me want to kill myself. But I said I'd do it, and it's going to be the most beautiful winter coat you've ever seen. EVER. I can already tell you I'm altering the pattern a little (like I always seem to do), in that I'm not including insertive pockets - rather, mine will be on the outside. Much easier that way, I think. I'll also be adding a hood. I want to do it so I can button it on or take it off, depending on how I feel like wearing it, but I don't want whatever buttons I use to look tacky sitting on the collar when the hood's not there. And of course, there will be decorative things.

I will try to take pictures along the way, but I can't promise anything. This is going to take me long enough as it is. On a side note: I think it's hilarious that, although neither of us knew what projects we were going to be doing this Thanksgiving break, both Salmon and I are working on our coats at roughly the same time and speed. So hopefully we'll get back from break and get to go on a photoshoot adventure again! And be awesome jacket buddies together. We seriously need to start a club.

No comments:

Post a Comment