"The objective of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape and find oneself in the lines of the madmen." - Marcus Aurelius

11/16/10

Adelaide Hoodie

I went to Dragon*Con for the first time this past Labor Day weekend, and met so many amazing people. On Friday, I went as Adelaide from the webcomic Hanna is Not A Boy's Name, created by the wonderful Tessa Stone (middle):

Adelaide is alternatively drawn with black and purple hair, so I claim artistic license. Adelaide is a vampire who was stuck looking like a bat and wreaking havoc in someone's apartment. A paranormal investigator named Hanna freed her, and when she returned to her human form she grabbed whatever was in the apartment owner's closet. That turned out to be a hoodie and nothing else, so for modesty's sake I wore a dress underneath as well (since she's also seen in one here).




I took an old hoodie from Old Navy, trimmed it in on the sides (with the seams on the wrong sides of the fabric even), and replaced the sleeves with bright green ones. I'm pretty sure it was some sort of cotton interlock. I also knew nothing about easing sleeves, but I think it came out alright.

The comic panel:

The photoshoot:

No comments:

Post a Comment