"The objective of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape and find oneself in the lines of the madmen." - Marcus Aurelius

11/16/10

Black Canary

Continuing with outfits from Dragon*Con, here's Black Canary. She's a super heroine from the DC verse, hangs around in Gotham City, and is featured in Birds of Prey. Technically, this is the daughter who picked up her mother's mantle. Some references:



I ordered a turtleneck, sleeveless leotard off ebay. It zipped down the back and didn't have the princess seams, so I tried to alter it and fudged up the whole thing. So then I used what I had already cut as the basis for a pattern, and made my own leotard.

I already had black boots, and bought black leather gloves, which I unfortunately don't have a picture of. I didn't want to ruin the gloves with those gold plates, so I found the PERFECT trim at Hancock's, cut it down to the sizes I wanted, put each piece on a length of 1/4" elastic, and slipped them on over the boots and gloves.

I didn't have a motorcycle jacket, nor any leather (that stuff's expensive!), so instead I took a green jacket I had that I never wore, cut the sleeves down to 3/4 length, cropped the bottom, and dyed it black. I didn't get any pictures from Dragon*Con, but I did get some from Halloween:



No comments:

Post a Comment