"The objective of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape and find oneself in the lines of the madmen." - Marcus Aurelius

11/15/10

It begins with yellow

Other than my imagination, I really have one source to thank for every artistic endeavor: my mother. She owned her own cake business for over 18 years, and made me and my brothers' Halloween costumes herself every year. There was never any serious seamstress-ing going on, but I picked it up and flew with it this past summer.

I began with a yellow dress.


Pattern used: Simplicity New Look 6699
Fabric: yellow rayon challis

Nothing ever fits my hips, so I added some triangles in at the waist and side seams to the skirt to give me some wiggle room. There doesn't seem to be any pictures of this, but I did wear it to a friend's graduation from high school. And for future reference: while rayon challis may be super comfy, the wrinkles are atrocious.

EDIT 2012: I redid this dress, because again, that fabric really is horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment