"The objective of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape and find oneself in the lines of the madmen." - Marcus Aurelius

11/17/10

Halloween Lolita

Continuing in my quest to own lolita clothing, I decided to try out this tutorial I found on Livejournal for how to make an overskirt. It ties in the back sort of like an apron, so I'm not really sure what to call it. Regardless, this was around Halloween time, so I went with my Halloween fabric (which = orange with spiders). The only thing I changed in the tutorial was that I didn't cut the main part of my skirt into 3 sections and then sew them together; I had enough fabric to just cut one long strip and be done with it! It is possible, trust me. I was also getting low on black fabric, so the ties at the back aren't long enough, and I made the waistband too long, but these are semantics, and I am perfectly fine with my Halloween overskirt and more than fine with the tutorial. Seriously, the girl who made the tutorial usually has really great, comprehensive tutorials for a bunch of lolita clothing, so you'll probably see her referenced here again.

But on to what you really want to see:

I was also sneaky and added a pocket to the front of the skirt, because no one ever thinks about pockets when they're making lolita things :3 See if you can find it. Also, as I'm sure you can see, this doesn't necessarily have to be worn as part of a lolita outfit. That first picture? So far from lolita, I have no idea what it is. But I enjoyed wearing it to classes :3

No comments:

Post a Comment