"The objective of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape and find oneself in the lines of the madmen." - Marcus Aurelius

11/17/10

Adelaide-Inspired Hoodie

Not to be confused with Adelaide's actual hoodie. C'mon, guys, she's like my favorite character. And for anyone who doesn't know, she's from Hanna is Not a Boy's Name. So I decided on a white hoodie and purple Tulip Matte fabric paint. I was inspired by Salmon's hoodie, and I love mine, but I should really know by now that simple is best. I always try to cram in too many details, and the end result is just... bleh. But the first thing I decided on was a big X over one of my breasts, based on when Adelaide turns back into a human in this frame:
And then, looking at the t-shirt design (from the t-shirt Salmon actually owns), I really liked this one part that's suppose to represent Adelaide here:
And so I designed the sleeve, and it is honestly my favorite part. I really should have stopped there, but I am me, and I do overboard extremely well.
This is the full sleeve, but in-progress, as you can probably tell from the tape. And my sketch in my sketchbook underneath it. Close-up:
Anyway, then I decided on this... thing on the back, that would have been awesome had I not messed up one of the bat wings so badly (read: made one bigger than the other). And yet I still like it.


And you can see all the strange little details I added in addition to the main parts. I will admit, some of them were me covertly hiding up paint smudges that were never meant to be there. My point still stands.

So! There's my Adelaide-inspired hoodie. Thanks for that, Salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment