"The objective of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape and find oneself in the lines of the madmen." - Marcus Aurelius

11/18/10

Gallahad Shirt

So, as you can probably tell, I love Hanna is Not A Boy's Name. I should probably make a tag for that. Moving on!

This guy's name is... well, he doesn't remember. He's been dead for about a decade, give him a break. So Hanna makes up names for him - it's a new one every day with this guy, seriously! But we love it. The one that's stuck in fannon the most is Gallahad - but with only one "l". I just like the way it looks with two better. Anyway, that orange shirt is pretty distinctive, hey? And you can't go out and find orange shirts just anywhere. So I made my own. This is the last button-down I ever make, until I inevitably make the next one.
I always make the worst faces when I'm getting my picture taken >:( So this is pretty obviously a fem-version of zombie's shirt, but it's got everything! ...Plus some pompous cuffs. I was having a bad day, and ridiculously over-sized cuffs made me feel better, so there they are. I used the Simplicity Threads pattern 3684 (the same one I used for the bib-ed lolita shirt, but without the bib option). I kind of made up the cuffs without a pattern, and guys. YOU GUYS. I was literally down to SCRAPS trying to get all the pieces for this pattern. Also, I said when I made the lolita shirt that I would make that collar part smaller (because, believe it or not, it's actually included in this type of collared shirt too). I didn't this time, and it's kind of strange, but the collar is HUGE, and I kind of like it. And the black tie is purchased. I am not that awesome.
 So naturally, I went outside to the courtyard with a friend and we took pictures.
And there you have it!

1 comment: